My love for photography started at an early age and I was always flipping through my grandma’s cabinet full of photo albums. She was notorious for always being behind the camera and her giant video camera. Those videos and photos represent my favorite memories and I’m thankful she was always capturing them. Photos are little glimpses into where we have been, where we are and sometimes even give us glimpses to where we are going in life. As a photographer, I love getting to be a part of that.
A few things about Kathy:
- Photography is not my job, it is my creative outlet and I LOVE IT!
- I’m a very early riser
- I LOVE Yoga
- I dream about that first sip of coffee every night when I go to bed
- I love my husband more than anything in the world and his cooking
- We have two beautiful boys and two dogs
- I was a hermit in a previous life, I LOVE being in my house with my boys
- I have an unhealthy obsession with Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam
- I snort when something is really funny
- I love the mountains
- I grew up on a farm and its one of my favorite places to visit and get inspiration
Please take a look around, I hope you enjoy my work!
My goal every time I shoot is to create a beautiful image that is timeless. I photograph newborns, kids and families in their most comfortable environment being themselves, whether that is in their home, enjoying the outdoors or celebrating a special event.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
“Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Notice them.” -Anonymous
Everyone has a story. Over the past year I’ve seen a lot through the lens of my camera. We have developed quite the relationship. It enables me to really see…
The Douglas Farm is warming up and the animals are getting ready for Spring! What better way to celebrate than with some Easter photo sessions! St. Louis weather has not…
I’m currently taking a lighting course and had a rare evening with everyone home so I put my new flash, umbrella and remote trigger to work! My son is a…